- 0 comments
- Nov 15 2022
Most of us invest a lot of time and effort in improving our living by installing cool gadgets and incorporating handy hacks. But, how often do we think of adopting some preventive measures to keep plumbing disasters at bay? Hardly ever, at least not until we encounter a leaky tap, a broken pipe, or a clogged drain.
Have you ever wondered how much money and inconvenience you could end up saving if you had only been more careful and had put the preventive measures into practice? Well, not just that, but adopting healthy plumbing measures can also cut down on water loss and boost the water efficiency in your kitchen and bathrooms.
Without further ado, here are some smart habits and hacks the experts at Impressions have curated for you to help save time, money, and unnecessary hassle in dealing with unwarranted plumbing accidents:
- Regular inspection – Put on your shoes and go around your home to inspect the state of the plumbing system including drains, pipelines, sewer system, taps, etc. on a regular basis. This helps in the early detection of faulty and malfunctioning areas or units and saves a lot of unnecessary expenses on repairs.
- Use the taps judiciously – With the groundwater level depleting and water pollution skyrocketing, it is not far when the scarcity will hit us real hard. Close the taps immediately after use and check that they are fastened tightly to minimize water wastage as well as water bills.
- Proper garbage disposal – Look what goes down your drains and sewers. There are a lot of items that we toss down drains and sewers that can clog up the pipelines. Make sure you avoid flushing solid wastes and toxic or corrosive liquids down the sinks, sewers, and drains to keep clogs from blocking the floor or the metal/plastic corroding.
- Early-stage fixes – Don’t wait until the blockages or leakages snowball into unrepairable or need extensive fixing. Nip the problems in the very bud and get even the most minor plumbing issues fixed by qualified technicians/plumbers. If you are unsure who to call, just dial us up and a team of experts from Impressions will be right at your doorstep.
- Check the water pressure – Keep a tab on the water pressure flowing out of the taps and showers. If the pressure is too low, you may be encountering invisible blocks or leakages. Find the source and get them fixed. At the same time, you might want to be vigilant if the water pressure is too high too. This can lead to water wastage and over a prolonged time might even cause damage to the pipelines and taps/faucets.
- Install a leak detection widget – Invest in smart devices that can auto-detect leakages and drips before your human eyes can. They sound an alert whenever a leak is detected to help you take prompt action and keep your utility bills from soaring.
- Engage professional plumbing services – While fixing those petty plumbing issues by yourself or by local handymen might seem cost-effective for the moment, it is always advisable to call for professionals like us to do these jobs. This can help you save a lot of future expenses by minimizing the risk of underrated work and sudden breakdowns.
Plumbers and technicians at Impressions are trained, licensed, and equipped with the industry best practices when it comes to plumbing and HVAC services. We not only take care of the apparent issue but also ensure a long-lasting fix, at the most competitive rates in and around Detroit. We also recommend tips and services that can help our patrons save utility and service bills in the long run.